TheFlyingChinchillaTheFlyingChinchilla

Main Movies Favorites Reviews Stats 6 Fans

Adventure Story Adventure Story

Well, what can I say...

I've never been able to criticize your games in any meaningful way, so, let me just say I enjoy this experience very much. The scale was rather small for a platformer, but that's to be expected, as it is your first venture into the genre. And the gameplay elements that you have developed are very strong and make for a challenging but honorable game.

Also, not that I'm the first person to say this, but it would be nice to see some other kinds of areas rather than the well-worn archtypes that have been in the last few games.

Leave Cthulhu Alone Leave Cthulhu Alone

Oh, what the hell

Great innovative gameplay concept, puts a fresh spin on a well worn genre. Leaves me wanting more.

But really, it shows how much humor can do for your game. Probably wouldn't have been as good if you had taken yourself too seriously here.

Discount Mayonnaise Discount Mayonnaise

Reduced price

So, is this what goes on inside a jar of overdue mayo? Euuugh, I shudder to think.

This is a fun game without making things too complicated. Just picked it up and went at it.

Would be nice if we didn't have to go to the merchants every time we wanted to change our equipment.

Toys Vs Nightmares Toys Vs Nightmares

Harsh

I'm not voting down for your unabashed tribute. There's actually a fair bit to set it apart. But your game here is pretty difficult, and for the wrong reasons.

The button mashing gimmick is a huge problem. When I'm trying to set up even the most mediocre line of defense, I don't want to be occupied clicking madly to scrape together some currency. And while I'm busy hammering the mouse like a damn fool, they are mowing me down.

There were some other elements of challenge that were good though. The enemies sent after you were well-varied, and none of the towers were too situational. Some didn't pull their weight as much as others though... but balancing isn't easy, I'll give you that. In the end, I can appreciate the challenge you were trying to create.

Symphonic Tower Defense Symphonic Tower Defense

Interesting spin

I appreciate that you tried a new approach to a well-weary genre. The aesthetic is definitely not something that I've seen before.

It's pretty easy to plan your strategy for the level after you take just one look at the analyzer though.

Gap Monsters Gap Monsters

Eternal agony

Nice.

Can't think of much to say. It was definitely funny. The screams of anguish really made it.

Nutcasenightmare responds:

Thank you, these Monsters have been both bred and then genetically modified to produce the most satisfying of screams.

This game is the product of blood and tears... not mine, though.

Combat Hero Adventures Combat Hero Adventures

Laughs

I can never resist checking out games of this type.

I found that the gameplay, while very much enjoyable, was not as well balanced as the aforementioned "Armor Mayhem." Of course I made a point of changing weapons as often as possible, but just for fun, because only a few reigned supreme... the grenade launcher and the rocket launchers. If you get your hands on one of these, there's no practical point in anything else. Part of the issue is that most pick-up weapons never run out of ammo.

While not re-inventing or even polishing the wheel, you brought some much needed laughs to this genre. I had many a chuckle at the awkward moments or characters' displays of incompetence. Even the self-awareness was kinda funny.
All in all, good game.

Pothead Zombies Pothead Zombies

monotony

Played til the end out of curiosity... and it pretty much stayed the same throughout. None of the guns stood out for any reason; all of them are straight shooting bullet weapons with small differences. A majority of the enemy types were just the same as earlier ones but with more hit points. Just point and shoot without any thinking or variation in strategy.

I thought the artwork and the enemies were pretty funny, so at least this wasn't an utterly dry experience.

Snailiad Snailiad

Schweet

Nice Metroid style game. Can't really give a long, flowery speech on why it's good. It just is. That's the way these things go sometimes.

Riddle Transfer Riddle Transfer

Sweet shit

Who cares if it's not titled "Riddle school 6"? This may be better.

I appreciate that you can pay homage to dry humor, rather than the standard Newgrounds fare (not that it's bad). These games are always good for chuckles. As well as some headaches (tessellation puzzles are still infuriating). But I ended up getting through without cheating at all, and that is a great source of satisfaction.